- Add extra border to Yin Yang throw and backing, piece bias binding. I ordered fabric for this, as I simply don't have what I need in my stash, so, not done and will not get done until fabric arrives.
- Buy boxes for stash Not done, next time we go shopping maybe at the end of the week.
- Continue to set king sized Yin Yang quilt blocks ongoing
- Play a little with a UFO if I get bored. DONE! :)
Leftover from the week before:
- Choose and piece backing for Moda strippy from stash, cut and piece bias binding. Half done. The ticking stripe binding is pieced. I don't like the backing fabric I chose.
Here is my goal for this week:
- Bias binding, for the Yin Yang throw and the red and white quickie project I pieced this week, shown below.
I think mine is smaller at 60" x 72", there are thirty 12" blocks. I used up some very nasty old stash for this and have a nice bright red from my stash by Clothworks for the binding.
I also used 2 yards of plain solid white from Connecting Threads. While I like most of their (inexpensive) fabrics and am very pleased with the quality of their batiks for the price, I can't recommend this stuff. It stretches, I had to make sure it was on top while stitching or the feed dogs completely distorted it. I guess while the 'hand' is nice the weave is loose. I shan't buy more.
Y'all come back!