Monday, November 29, 2010

Monday Goals

Last week's goals:

  1. Add extra border to Yin Yang throw and backing, piece bias binding. I ordered fabric for this, as I simply don't have what I need in my stash, so, not done and will not get done until fabric arrives.
  2. Buy boxes for stash Not done, next time we go shopping maybe at the end of the week.
  3. Continue to set king sized Yin Yang quilt blocks ongoing
  4. Play a little with a UFO if I get bored. DONE! :)
This is the backing, border and binding fabric I ordered, it will go on both sides of the chicken batik I showed here for the back, plus a narrow second border in front . It is a Timeless Treasures Tonga Batik, pattern is Confetti Flower and the color is Maple



Leftover from the week before:
  1. Choose and piece backing for Moda strippy from stash, cut and piece bias binding. Half done. The ticking stripe binding is pieced. I don't like the backing fabric I chose.



Here is my goal for this week:
  1. Bias binding, for the Yin Yang throw and the red and white quickie project I pieced this week, shown below.
Jay had a quilt like this at his last sew in and I liked it so much I made one for myself.
I think mine is smaller at 60" x 72", there are thirty 12" blocks. I used up some very nasty old stash for this and have a nice bright red from my stash by Clothworks for the binding.

I also used 2 yards of plain solid white from Connecting Threads. While I like most of their (inexpensive) fabrics and am very pleased with the quality of their batiks for the price, I can't recommend this stuff. It stretches, I had to make sure it was on top while stitching or the feed dogs completely distorted it. I guess while the 'hand' is nice the weave is loose. I shan't buy more.



Y'all come back!

2 comments:

  1. I like your new blog, and I like the red and white quilt. You are right, yours is a little smaller than mine, but not bye much, mine is 60 x 80 and is made with 48 ten inch finished blocks. I want to make another one in greens and creams, and machine quilt it in a overall grid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that chicken fabric. Seeing the red quilt, I'm having a hard time not making one. Nope, no starting a new project. Nope. No way. HELP!!!

    ReplyDelete