Friday, April 6, 2012

Where Did the Week Go?

I feel like I haven't accomplished a thing this week, but it really isn't so.

The brown Urban Cabin quilt, which will be a Quilt of Valor donation is pieced and now waiting its turn on the longarm.

I pieced a Swoon baby quilt in blues for my grandson who will be born this summer, it is quilted, trimmed, bias binding made. You can see a picture of it on the longarm here. It is a single 24" block with a 6" border which of course finishes to 36" square. Quick, easy, pretty and inexpensive new baby gift, perfectly sized for the baby car seat and small enough it may become the drag around comfort object later. Surely every Grandma's goal?

Thanks to Camille Roskelley (designer of the Swoon pattern) for the idea! I can't find the post but always enjoy reading about her family on her personal blog. The View From My Kitchen Window

I have been weeding, it is a losing battle which I do not intend to lose. I am going to plant Morning Glories to climb up the bird bath post which will make my daily View From My Kitchen Window weather blog posts a bit more interesting. I should probably put water in the bird bath and the grass needs to be cut today!

We are going to have some night freezes in the coming week but my house is cozy and I will survive. I really can't complain, the weather has been beautiful and I am thoroughly enjoying Spring.
Y'all come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment