Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Shabby Chippy White Bentwood Chairs

I adore older, previously loved things.

This is just as well because very few brand sparkling new things have come my way in my lifetime and please note, I am not complaining.

Here is a real treasure from last week's sale, carefully posed next to the Bridal Wreath Spirea hedge just coming into bloom.

It is delightfully shabby,  the creamy white paint is slightly chippy, a solid, real wood, American made bentwood chair. I bought two, the second has very workmanlike heavy wire bracing (carefully painted) on the legs.

These chairs were obviously valued by their previous owner a farmer who passed away at the grand old age of 84 last December, he carved his name under the seats.

This is now my sewing machine chair, the other one lives in the enclosed side porch where it makes the changing of shoes much easier.

Y'all come back!


No comments:

Post a Comment