Monday, April 16, 2012

Design Wall Monday




Twenty six blocks for the Eleanor Burns Summer Porch quilt, which I mistakenly called Front Porch last week. The pattern is in her Quilts Through the Seasons: A Quilt for Each Month of the Year book. The size I am making will require a total of forty two blocks.

Above, twenty six scrappy little red houses for the Domiciles quilt, a total of 99 are required. My design wall tells me I need to use more darker tans and less beige and very dark browns for the backgrounds, and I am considering adding brown and maybe pink for some of the houses. What do you think?

There is no magic in the number twenty six, just a co-incidence.

Y'all come back!

4 comments:

  1. Your summer porch blocks look so pretty in those soft colors. And, I love the idea of adding some darker browns and pinks to the house blocks. I think the value variations will really add some sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little houses and adding in more colors and shades is a good idea. I think with scrap quilts more of everything is always better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the little house shaped blocks. Looks like a fun and quick quilt to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both sets are super cute. I really love the houses. I think a dark pink would blend will with the rest, if you are staying with the two color scheme.

    ReplyDelete