Thursday, January 27, 2011

Household Objects


My friend Lori asked if anyone uses household items for quilting. She was writing about applique, which I will not do but I thought I would share with you a project in which I used a household item.

This is a 42 block lap sized flannel rag quilt. You can find the pattern in Frayed Edge Fun: 10 Cozy Quilts by Evelyn Sloppy, right there on the cover. This book must be out of print because I know I didn't pay what they are asking for it. Its a good book but not that good!

I used a Corelleware plate for my template. The last survivor from a set of four place settings which was a wedding present from a much loved (now departed) sister in law. I still use that plate every weekend for the delicious breakfast my husband makes on Saturday and Sunday mornings, and each time I think of Kay.


Y'all come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment