Friday, February 4, 2011

February Goals



Weekly goals are going to become monthly goals because for me, the weekly goals become stressful. It is just the way I am and I am too old and cranky to want to change my ways.

My last goal was to finish the boredom quilt, which has a new name, "Waste Not", to the first border stage. Here it is, currently 51" x 63", it will get bigger with two more borders. One tiny and fiddly the other bigger and blue. You will understand the name when you see it finished, I promise. Click the picture to make huge.

This project is completely out of my normal comfort range. It was kinda sorta fun after I got over the urge to go find my sunglasses every time I sat down to sew. My husband likes it, it is "cheerful".

February goals are
  • to make another row, this time seven blocks plus two pieced setting triangles on my Double-X Effect quilt, this will mark the halfway point on the body piecing.
  • Dig out a UFO, any UFO and finish it.
  • Maybe play with a new stash-busting project, some fabric Lori gave me.


Y'all come back!

1 comment:

  1. I really like this quilt top. It reminds of a Hearts and Gizzards quilt, which I am very fond of, but no fond of piecing curves, and like you I hate to applique!

    ReplyDelete