Friday, February 18, 2011

Progress

My February goals are coming along nicely. I have been playing with some novelty fabric Lori palmed off on me gave me. This is a panel from Jim Shore's Country Kitty line for Red Rooster Fabric, dating about 2005.

I have a couple of Jim Shores Country Kitties figurines, one shown at right which Lori bought me. Her name is Felicity.

The fabric said "kid quilt" and "bright" to me, but with 24 usable 5" x 5-1/4" kitties in the panel it also needed some substantial framing. I decided to use (what I think is) Kaufman Kona 'snow' because I have a lot of it, and to set the kitties just a little wonky. The blocks now finish to 9".

For sashing I found a yard of shocking pink floral fabric, not quite as magenta as it shows in the scan , bottom left. Narrow sashing should get most of it out of the stash, I have had it a long time.

This is classic "What was I thinking?" fabric. I was probably thinking "cheap!" There was a reason it was cheap, I have never found anything that goes with it.

I will set this quilt 4 x 6, with the sashing, a narrow second border and wider outer border I think it will end up about 50" x 70", a good size for a nap quilt for a little girl.

Completed to date: 4 rows

Y'all come back!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great. I love Jim Shore figurines and never knew there was fabric. It's going on my ever growing wish list

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the words "wonky" and "cats" go together! I KNEW you'd like that Jim Shore panel!

    ReplyDelete