Friday, December 10, 2010

Waiting For The Storm

The air is still. Not a wisp of movement, and for here, that is unusual. We have sprinklings of rain and we have been promised much, much more. Lord knows we need it.

Click on the image to see the satellite live, you will have to scroll down the page a little.



Today's sales are packed and gone. I have filled my oil lamps and hooked up my sewing machine to the treadle. Dinner is baking in the (gas) oven and I fed livestock early. If I didn't get ready you can bet there would be power cuts.

I am finally going to piece the back for my Yin Yang throw.

Y'all come back!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you get the needed rain but not to wild of a storm. Supposed to be much colder here in Nebraska tomorrow, maybe some snow. A good day to be in the library working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had good steady soaking rain, still no wind so it will have a chance to really soak in. It is now cool and of course very damp but the muggy breathless hush before the storm is gone, thank goodness. We enjoyed our beef in beer stew which was perfect for the weather.

    ReplyDelete