Monday, February 27, 2012

Design Wall Monday

Please excuse my design wall, it is leaning against the wall, rather than fixed in place. When I have time I will put it up on another wall where it can be taken down later without damaging the plaster. Very little sheet rock in this old house. Meanwhile, at least I have a design wall!

Eight blocks of the Swoon project Lori and I started last summer. My blocks are smaller at 20" than the pattern which calls for 24" blocks and my quilt will finish at 68" square rather than 80".

I have one more block to make in the gold you can see (click picture to embiggen) stuck onto the middle of the pink block, hopefully this will be sashed and a done deal by the end of the week.

Behind the Swoon blocks is the very triangle intensive Double X Effect which will be next on the UFO list.

Y'all come back!

6 comments:

  1. Love the swoon blocks and only one more to go. I just finished #6, but I'm doing a 16 block quilt - crazy huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last block has proven to be the hardest one to make fabric choices for, neither Lori nor I used a co-ordinated fabric line, both our quilts are from stash.

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous block. It is wonderful.

    glen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love the swoon blocks! Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep seeing this quilt pop up in blogland and I really like it. Might have to put it on my "someday list". Your's is very attractive...just like all the others. :)

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, and working on the Swoon blocks. Yours are very striking and I think this will make a very pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete