Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Lucky Year

I am not one of those people who wins things all the time which makes this an amazing year. Here we are mid May and for the second time this year I won something.

In February I won an autographed copy of Scrap-Basket Sensations by Kim Brackett from a comment on Quilt Times blog. This time I won a ruler from Monique Dillard of Open Gate Quilts. You can visit her very interesting blog which is where she had a giveaway, and I got lucky!

Those readers who know me personally know that I am a shameless rulerholic. I LOVE rulers!

My new ruler
is called Fit to be Quarter and it is very fancy indeed. It is a 9 1/2" x 9 1/2" square ruler made to trim quarter-square triangles, combination units and square quilt blocks.

I don't have it yet, it is on its way but it looks to have horizontal and vertical lines spaced 1/4" apart, a 45º line going one way and many more 45º lines spaced 1/4" apart on the other diagonal.

I am so looking forward to receiving and using this ruler. Thank you Monique!

Project progress report

  1. French Reel, backing pieced, bias binding made, ready to quilt.
  2. Blue and Yellow quilt, backing pieced, bias binding made, ready to quilt.
Goals: Finish the weird cat quilt, my desperate attempt to use up fabric Lori palmed off on me.

Y'all come back!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your winnings. I had almost two years like that.....won the monthly $50 drawing at the grocery store three times, an MP3 player from the Library Commission, 2 or 3 blog site give aways. But then the winning streak ended and now I haven't won anything in a long time. Oh, yeah, I did win the door prize at Quilt Club, but that meant I had to take a door prize the next time. It's fun to win isn't it?

    ReplyDelete