Saturday, December 8, 2012

A Little Tree

My friend Lori loves Christmas decorations and every time we go shopping these days we spend an inordinate amount of time in the seasonal decorations aisle.

Personally I have been pretty "bah humbug" most of my life, despite selling large amounts of Christmas stuff for years. Maybe I am getting senile but this year I am not as bah humbug as usual.

First I fell for a reindeer with a sweetly goofy face.
Click on the little ones to see the big ones


Then about a week later I found a three foot tall pre-lighted tree at 50% off, AND a bunch of shatterproof or katten proof ornaments, also at deep discounts.

I get plenty of knee bend exercise now. In addition to picking up Boysie's toys I get to pick up and rehang the ornaments several times a day.

Dottie pretty much ignores the tree, at a year old she is far too grown up and dignified for such nonsense. Her idea of a good time when she is not eating is to stretch out in front of the infra red heater.

Sweet Bella decided after being sprayed once with water from the ironing spritz bottle that she wasn't that interested either. She was far too busy washing the water off herself to bother any more.

Sandy Paws the storm drain kitten is made of much tougher stuff. When I sprayed him the first time he climbed up the tree. That was interesting. Now he just shuts his eyes and hunkers down, never letting go of whatever ornament he has grabbed.

When he is not playing destructo cat he likes to sleep close to the tree. On my chair. Not on the lovely new soft blue geometric animal bed. I guess he thinks if I like it so much I should use it. Yah.


Y'all come back!

4 comments:

  1. Your little tree is cute and I like the goofy reindeer too. Sandy Paws is enjoying the tree in his own kitty way. I've found over the last 2-3 years I like the less cluttered, more minimalist, look in Christmas decorating. The Christmas Store in Ewing may be getting a donation of excess decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so much of cat fan for my own house, but love to hear how people that share their homes with cats always share fun thoughts about how thier cats behave. Thanks for the smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little tree is wonderful; perhaps, that is what I need to do.

    My neighbor uses a spritz bottle, too, without much success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. where is the psychotic reindeer?? Yes, I love decorations--especially ones with lights. Snowman. Ahh--can it be Christmas season all year?

    ReplyDelete