Thursday, June 28, 2012

French Reel

Technically this probably counts as a completed UFO, I bought the kit in October 2010.

I enjoyed making it, was being fussy about the backing and had trouble finding it, then it sat for a long time waiting for its turn on the long arm.

Here are the details:
  • Fabric is from the French General line by Moda, kit sold by Hancocks of Paducah. I bought it on sale.
  • Backing is a discontinued Marble Mate also by Moda. I had a yard of it and willingly paid through the nose for yardage for the back from an online shop which still had stock . I would call the color raspberry or cherry but I am sure that neither is its real name.
  • Binding is bias cut 2-1/2" applied and meticulously hand finished by Lori who claims to enjoy the process. Bless her!
Click any image to enlarge

  • Quilted in the Lime Tree pantograph pattern by Australian designer Keryn Emerson. We like her designs and own several of them. This is my current favorite.
  • Finished size is 47" by 64". 
  • It is my nap quilt and looks lovely as a coverlet on a twin bed.

Pictures were taken using my low tech (two large cuphooks, a section of 'found' aluminium channel and three wooden clothes pegs) quilt hanger off my front porch. The geranium peeking out the side is "Firecracker". The fact that Firecracker coordinates with the quilt is a happy accident.

Y'all come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment